Thursday, February 7, 2008

WDW Marathon


Larry and I were able to go to Disney World a few weeks ago so that I could finish my 5th and final marathon. We had a great couples only time. I think one of the neatest parts of this trip would be that the girls are old enough now to understand how much we love them and at the same time how much we enjoy spending time with just the two of us. The girls are definitely growing up.

We are now going back to doing only 1/2 marathons. I'm getting too old, tired and too slow. We are contemplating letting the girls do the Disney World 1/2 marathon with us next year. They have both asked to go and participate in the 1/2 marathon and when middle school children want to go with their parents we want them to go with us!! They have even said we could go out for dinner alone. Gosh, how thoughtful!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

It sounds like you had a great time away...take the girls next time I bet you would all have a great time.

Diana said...

I am still trying to find out which one is LARRY and which one is Pooh Bear:)
PS
That was a JOKE.I know Winnie when I see him.

JimF said...

Susan, I'm shocked!

You weren't even showing when we say you in March. How do you and Larry feel about having a blonde child?

JimF said...

Now that you're hanging up your running shoes, you need to get a bike. Iowa is a great bicycling state.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en-us&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=ragbrai&spell=1