Saturday, September 27, 2008

Auction Find

Larry and I enjoy going to auctions and looking.  This has become especially true since the nearest mall is 1 1/2 hours away!!

From the paper this auction looked nice and was in a good part of town.  The picture above is what we found.  This is a 12 piece place setting of Lenox Christmas China.  As soon as we got home I looked up the cost.  If you purchase this at a regular department store the retail price is $400.00.  If you are fortunate and can find it at the outlet store the cost is $199.00.  I paid the INCREDIBLE price of a whopping $6.00!!!!

There's another auction tomorrow afternoon.  Since the Colts aren't playing we may have to go.

3 comments:

Diana said...

WOW!!!
You forgot to list the Ebay price as that is where it is all at..I am soo impressed with you!!!

Diana said...

PS
I went to Target and spend $9.99 on a PLASTIC Bin today and you got a whole set of Lenox..

The Bowman Bunch said...

Awesome...what a great find. When are you coming here to hit the 2nd hand shops with me? Japanese usually will not buy 2nd hand so there are ALL sorts of great finds!