Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Home #14 - Mortgage #4





We have finally given in and decided to purchase our fourth home. This is the 14th home we have lived in since being married 18 1/2 years ago and our 4th mortgage together. I must really love him to agree to mortgage #4.

With the uncertainty in the economy and the fact that we both have very good, stable jobs we have decided to stay in Iowa. Although we miss Indiana more than anyone will ever know we are finally beginning to settle in here.

I must admit this is by far the most beautiful home we have ever owned and we are excited to have this much space. We live on the outskirts of town so we are still able to have city utilities but we have 3/4 acre of land. I have been drooling over this house since it came on the market over a year ago. Unfortunately for the seller they had to drop the price dramatically but that was our good fortune and we were truly blessed with a beautiful home.

We now have 4 bedrooms, 3 1/2 baths, living room, dining room, family room and a bonus room. Honestly, we have been so used to living in cramped quarters the past few years we are having to yell throughout the house to find each other. For the first time ever we are not painting with only neutral colors because we plan on being here for 25 years until we retire. I have told Larry that I leave in a body bag or a straight jacket if it is before we retire....

We have painted almost the entire house but still need to paint the porch, hang flowers, work in the yard, hang pictures and get Longaberger in the right places. Since it is going to be in these places for the next 25 years we need to make sure we like where the Longaberger is placed and the pictures are hung! As soon as that is all finished I will take pictures throughout the house and post. My goal is to have that done by Memorial Day weekend.

We miss you all!!:)

5 comments:

JimF said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I am disappointed because I was holding out for puppies.

The house looks great.

Suzanne said...

It looks like a great place for your whole family. Love the porches.

The Bowman Bunch said...

Now I have the whole story :0) Truly, the house is beautiful and I am glad that Iowa is home for you now! Hopefully, we will get out there to Iowa sometime to see it and visit! Send us your address when you can. Congratulations!

Diana said...

BeAuTiFuL!!
I was holding out on Puppies and Babies:)
So does this mean I can write your address and phone number in PEN in my phone book?
I miss you but I sooo understand.

Diana said...

PS
I just showed Hank and he said..WOW!! They could build a driving range back there:)